Sunday, September 30, 2012

Life of Little Princess. part-4


responsibility.  After working hours I went to gymnasium, at home I spent time playing Chess, shuttle badminton, watched T.V or listened to music. Most of the weekend, I went for new movie. Life was good.

All our neighbors were very courteous especially one Anglo Indian family. They had two little lovely daughters. At that time, the small one was not studying but her elder sister was studying in L KG. I named the small one Missile! She was very mischievous and boisterous. At her will, she stormed in and out of our house. She will always get it whatever she wants, if not she will break it. Hardly two years old and two feet in height .she wielded enormous power with impunity. Whenever she threatened me with drier consequence, I was at her mercy. She usually threatened me by saying that she will break any one of my items or tear any of my favorite books. She announces her arrival by flung opening our main door .the door that slams against the side of the wall tells her temperamental moods. She made sure that we all felt her presence in our house. Whenever she storm out of our house she made sure the main door was’ properly’ closed. Aftermath of the hurricane can be felt all over our house. I found missing cartoon, picture from our newspaper, broken items, and at times missing object of her desire from my house. LITTLE MONSTER! Between us, we had a love hate relationship! Her elder sister was diagonally opposite to her. She was docile and very obedient. She sang nursery rhymes for me, at times she told fairy tale stories from her books. Sometimes she asks me to read fairytale for her. Seven dwarf, Cinderella, Alice in the wonderland...I liked both of them. They helped me to understand their little world. Before I met them I was very allergic to kids. Kids are very stubborn, they cry without any apparent reason and make mess around; above all they check my patience. Later in my life, it helped me to understand my own little princess, my only daughter.

In India unlike other community people Anglo-Indians are more open. Missile's dad was a hen packed husband .he doted on two of his daughters .her grandmother (nana) was an old respectable lady .she suffered from asthma .her grand pa was a retired army man. Regardless of our age we were good friends. Second World War he fought along with British army against Japanese in Burma. Inside the giant elephant grass field his enemy charged at him with his buoyant. He was lucky enough to survive. On his baldhead, he carried the souvenir. Ten-inch deep wounds were visible. In those days I had only black and white T.V .No VCR, that brought me and uncle even closer .to see my favorite Holly Wood or Hindi movies I used to rent video cassette and took it to their house to watch . When missile's family was away we also watched x rated videos. Age difference? No bar! Missile’s mother makes delicious food. Whenever she makes any special food, she personally brought it our house .my mother always had health problems .B.P, Diabetics, arthritic, orthopedic, depression...she was a great help for my mother.

After dinner, my parents and their family sit and discuss in our lawn. My parents were looking for their feature daughter in law that time. I told my parents that I do not wanted to get married .as a bachelor I was enjoying my life with responsibity .Me and my freedom, no more obligations. That was my slogan. Freedom means everything to me. Selfish? I had never misused my freedom .no drinks, drugs, gambling or prostitution. I am a very privet person. That was the way my parents brought me up. They taught me about family values and important of roots. The fight is not between me and the rest to the world .the fight is within me! I wanted to flyaway (freedom) but my roots are firmly grouted. Missile’s mother told me “Jivan. Since you do not believe in religion or cast. Shall I look for a girl for you? Tell me about your kind of girl? She smiled at me .I said a big NO. “I am enjoying my celibacy life.” she may be bit elder to me but we vibe well. She worked in a privet company as an executive. She was a Leo. She was the boss in her house but with me she was down to earth. She was a loving mother for her little darlings and caring daughter for her aged parents. At that time, I was working for Chola Sheraton five stars, hotel in Chennai .I knew lot of girls at my work place either as friends or colleagues but this woman was different from all other girls I had met so far. One of the reasons could be because I was an introvert. I do not mix freely with girls besides I suffer from inferiority complex. Other than, for official talk I still do not mix with girls. Even though she controlled and manipulated her husband, she loves her husband more than she loves any else in this world .my friendship with her was not based on love or sex. She had no sex appeal at all. Taller than me, about six feet and weighs tons? May be ninety-nine kilograms or so... so FAT. Dark complexion, chubby cheeks with bob cut hair .at home she tie it with elastic rubber band and make it looks like a piggy tail. With heavy curtain maxi, she looks parallel and barrel in shape. Her Posterior was like 70 MM ultra Wide screen. Does she excite you? Two of her daughters were studying at the prestigious convent in the city. To catch the bus in the morning rush hours she walks pretty fast while two of her little daughters struggled to catch up with her. She remained me of mama duckling. Once I told her “you looks like a mama ducklings” she never took me seriously .she treated me like a kid brother .I did not know the name of our friendship .To me it’s the persons character and his or her gray matter and his/her creativity  that attracts and fascinates me. Love thy neighbor? I think because of her good character I was infatuated with her. There were no untoward incidents in ‘our’ life. Everything was fine until one bad morning...

My father found few suitable brides for me. But I was not interested in getting married. I was already thirty three year old. Marriage means lots of responsibility so I told my father that I do not want to get married soon. Before my father's death, he had embraced to saint's way of life (Sanayasam) for the past eight years. Even thought my parents slept in same room. They had separate cot for them. I think my father had intuition about kicking bucket on that particular day. Usually my father goes to bed after listing to 9.30 p.m. news but on that particular day he was talking to my mother even at 11p.m. just after 11p.m he went to sleep. At 1.30a.m mother came to my room crying. Immediate I went to my parents’ room. 

Later my mother told me that my father had spoken about my marriage and my future .he was more worried about my feature. Just a service technician he was sure I would not be able to make out a decent life. I am also not interested in getting married nor am I serious about my life. He recollected all the major incidents from my parents married life to till 11p.m. At about 11p.m. he retired to bed. I was fast asleep in my adjacent room .my father felt uneasy pain on his chest. He got out of bed and asked my mother to lay mat on the floor .he reached for lord murugan’s photo to pray. Shooting pain on his chest brought him to floor. My mother’s fanatic calls woke me up .I checked time .it is my habit any time if I woke up in the middle of night I first check time, it was 1.35 Am. I rushed to my parent's room. Father was lying on the floor and was writhing in pain, he was holding on to his chest. My father suffered massive heart attack. I give him first aid, but he did not respond to me. Suddenly his body ‘relaxed’ (collapsed). Everything was over in less than two minutes. It was 1.38 Am. April,’89. I knew everything was over, May be doctor can revive his heartbeat.  My mother started wailing. I went and called Anglo Indian family.  They all came to our house. We had no phone at home so I took my bike, went to the nearest specialty hospital about two kilometers away, and brought the ambulance. Her husband accompanied me to hospital in the ambulance mean while she stayed with my mother. Doctor placed two electrical prods on my father's chest, even after giving electrical pulse charge three times there was no responses from my father. Report. Brought dead! We took my father's body back to my home, for us it seems life had ended.