Saturday, October 29, 2022

Writer & Producer agreement

 

WRITER AND PRODUCER AGREEMENT

20-12-13 

 A  must read for every writers and producers .


 Only prominent writers can set terms and conditions for producers.


After introducing my fictions in the market, I tried to sell my sci-fiction eternal love and horror thriller Broken heart for movie production. No major movie production house responded to my query. Others wrote we are looking for different kinds of stories . But those same producers made sci-fi and horror movies. They have neither the budget nor technical knowledge to execute / produce movie versions of my fiction .


After reading my fiction, two of the local movie "producers"came and met me. You know a local producer who makes local movies for local people with local heroes that too with micro budget or no budget movies? As usual stories are about thug life.cutting, chopping, fucking, drinks and drugs.


One look and I can say those local producers can only dream of making a movie version of my science fiction Eternal love or high end graphic driven Broken heart horror thriller. They brought an album with them to show me their movie stills. I don’t remember any of the local movie names or the heroes. Such movies only run in C circle and at the local theatre only. 


They said they liked both my fiction and wanted to make a movie version. They asked me how much money I was expecting for my fiction. My gut feeling tells me these guys want to buy it for peanuts and sell it to a major movie production house since they cannot afford to make a movie version of my fiction. I said I need time to think about it and asked them to come after two days. By night I wrote “writer and producer agreement” and next day I took print out and kept it ready for them.


After two days those “producers” came to me and asked for the final rate! I gave them a printout.

“What is this”?

“My writer and producer agreement”

“WHAT”? Writers will sign producer agreements; NO producer will sign writer’s agreements.

“I am different”! “You just sign and take my fiction for FREE”!  


They asked me to translate and read out my writer and producer agreement. After hearing my agreement they said they will get back in two days. I know they will never ever come back for my fiction. Those fake producers cannot give agreement or release letters. Ha…ha .. ha 


Always repay with the same coin because we all have only one life. I told you …” the difference between two individuals are their way of thinking and reasoning, nothing else.” Jivan.


 If you are a writer or screenplay writer before reading my " writer and producer agreement" write your own writer and producer agreement. I want to check it. 


Only prominent writers can set terms and conditions for a movie producer. I am trying to sell my fiction as per my terms and conditions. If you are a story writer try selling your fiction as per my terms and conditions for movie production then i will appreciate you.                                                        

  

    Writer and producer agreement.                                                                       20-12-16.


Terms and conditions for selling my fiction for movie production.       

         

 Producers and director’s argument is that “when you sell your property you cannot set terms and conditions that buyer cannot resell your property to anyone”. when stupid people argue they think they are smart and those who are listening are fools. Nobody is a fool in this world so STOP bullshitting .


My fictions are my creation , copyright registered and published books with ISBN. Can you buy a Michael Jackson song ? no, you can only use it after paying royalty but you cannot buy it at any cost. Likewise, copyright registration is with me so I am only giving permission to make a movie version of my fiction in their choice of language for that they are getting 'permission' from me through my "writer and producer agreement" to make a movie version of my fiction after paying money . 


Read my ‘writer and producer ‘agreement again. Now tell me where I am selling my fiction for movie production? Get that clear. I am NOT selling my fiction for movie production!

                              xxxx

Terms and conditions for selling my fiction for movie production.


1) All rights reserved by Author T.M.Jeevan Lal.


2) I (T.M.Jeevan Lal) S/o late , very late Mr. M. Madhavan residing at XXX , Chennai-6XXXXXX. Tamil Nadu. South India and author of fiction “Eternal Love” or “Broken Heart” hereby "PERMIT"

Producer  


Mr………………………………….residing at ………… (Postal address)


……………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………


And Name of Production house and address. 


……………………………………………………………………………


To make a movie version of my fiction (name of the fiction... ETERNAL LOVE OR BROKEN HEART) ONLY in (Name of the language here)............. language 


3) REMAKING movie versions of my fiction by producers in any other languages are PROHIBITED.


4) PRODUCER is NOT authorised to RESELL my fiction for movie production or for any other purpose.  

( this is to prevent fake producers from buying my copyright registration and selling my novels for major movie production houses or Remaking in any other languages )


5) On credit the title STORY Written by JIVAN Lal must be mentioned.


6) To make movie version of my fiction ETERNAL LOVE /BROKEN HEART in ………language Producer Mr...................... had agreed to pay me Rs ......................................only ( Rs... in words................only


7) producers can use voice dubbing or subtitles in all languages available in this world , including sign language. 😂


8) producer can sell movie version of my fiction in DVD, TV channels, pay per click or through OTT platforms like Netflix, Amazon etc 


Optional. If you want me to work as creative director for movie version of my fiction, my name JIVAN should be mentioned under creative director provided that you will provide me accommodation, food and travel expense for work , in return I will convert my fiction into movie script, help design poster, title, credit title, help design sets, assist director and graphic artists to get my kind of visualisation .                                                                                                                                                                                       

VERY IMPORTANT: THIS " WRITER AND PRODUCER AGREEMENT" IS NOT VALUED UNTIL AND UNLESS I RECEIVED YOUR SIGNED COPY OF MY WRITER AND PRODUCER AGREEMENT ALONG WITH AGREED AMOUNT OF MONEY Rs..........................(IN WORDS........Rupees ONLY) HAS BEEN CREDITED INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT NO: xxxxxxxxxxxx ,IFSC code: xxxxxx BANK OF PORATTA .CHENNAI BRANCH-6XXXXX.  


AUTHOR OF ETERNAL LOVE / BROKEN HEART WITH SIGNATURE.  

  T.M.JEEVAN LAL.

SIGNATURE   

…………………………...........

DATE……………..                                                                                                

NAME OF THE PRODUCER WITH SIGNATURE AND DATE.                                            

Mr...................................................  

 SIGNATURE and DATE 

....................................................      

                                  xxxxxx

N B : Foolproof features are not included here.

Sir,

Science fiction is a copyright registered and published book with ISBN under my name. I reserve all the rights. It means I can ONLY sell my fiction for movie production in any other language .


I am only permitting producers to make movie versions of fiction in their choice of any ONE language ONLY.


Tell me where I am selling my fiction? I am NOT selling my fiction. " I hereby PERMIT… " Read it again.


My writer and producer agreement is NOT a sales deed, it is my permission letter to the producer to make a movie version of my fiction ONLY.


If the producer agrees with my writer and producer agreement please sign my agreement copy and deposit the agreed amount of money into my account.


Here is my explanation: “Not every air service provider purchases air-o-plane. Most of them hire or lease out planes to run their airline service/business. Plane manufacturers set their terms and conditions and air line service providers sign their agreement.  


We hire cycle for our use, sometimes for transporting goods and make money out of our service. When we hire cycle we can only use it .we are NOT authorised to sell bi-cycle. My argument and agreement is also same. You sign my writer and producer agreement, make movie version out of my fiction and make money. stupid people will not understand my simple logic . Period. 


 Why can only prominent writers sell fiction as per their terms and conditions? Why should I not sell my fiction as per my 'writer and producer agreement? My fiction is my creation and I will decide whom to sell and how to sell my fiction for movie production .Now try selling your fiction for movie production as per my ‘writer and producer agreement’ .

Author of Eternal Love’

Jivan

N.B: Producers,directors and actors told me that I cannot ‘sell’ my fiction for a movie production house as per my writer and producer agreement . Here is their argument . when you sell your property you cannot set terms and conditions that the other person should not resell your property to someone else.


OMD! “O” My Dog! give me a break.  ( We atheists are not supposed to say "OMG"  those stupid bums does not even know the difference between a property sales deal and an intellectual property rights(copyright) material. Copyright material you can ‘use’ after paying royalty or one time cash with preconditions.


Here, according to the production cost of the movie version the fiction producer will not pay money for the writer. They only want to buy it for a cheap rate and make a movie, and if the movie becomes a hit they want to sell the rights in at least five to eight other regional languages in India.


 In India eight regional language movies are made. My writer and producer agreement will allow me to resell my fiction for other regional or international movie production houses. If one producer refuses to give me a chance to work as creative director I can try with another movie production house. In filmmaking nobody will give a chance to a newcomer unless he has proved his ‘talent’. Without getting a chance how can he prove his talent?