Sunday, October 29, 2023

ROOTS. Family story.

 

                    ROOTS 

                   family story 

                Written by Jivan 


Copyright registered and published book for movie production. 


All rights reserved. No parts of this publication may be reproduced, stored in  a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or making movie, serial or for OTT platform using story  without the prior permission of the author.

© Author                   

Jivan Lal

    
                   

Copyright of this photo belongs to the owner.

ROOTS.

Logline. 

A middle class parent brought-up their only daughter with lots of love and affection only to find their dreams shattered at the end. Their only daughter chooses to live with her girlfriend as a living partner! How her aged parents cope with their tragedy forms the rest of the story. The story has lesbian love 💕 . Youngsters and family members also love this story.


                              XXXX

Chapter 5


In the fourth  year  of  her  service  Anu  got  promoted  to  head  of their department. She was asked to take incharge of their New Delhi branch .She  got  her  friend  Nisha  transferred  to  their  new  office.  They  took an apartment at a posh locality in New Delhi and settled down.


I had gone for my usual evening walk. Our daughter Anu had flown from New Delhi for her official work at the Chennai branch. After her office hours, she came to our home in the evening. After serving coffee my wife spoke to her about her marriage.


”Anu, it is the right time for you to get married and settle down in  life.”


 “Maa ... I had recently taken incharge of our new branch at New   Delhi. I do not want to get married at this time of my career .I am aiming to work for our headquarters in Silicon Valley.


 ”Don't get married to work .You have your own life. Slow down. See whether you can get some work from your company  and  start  something  here  in  Chennai.  I  will  ask  your  daddy to  make  arrangements  for a loan  from  the  bank.  After marriage your  hectic  work schedule will not permit you to look after your children properly. Your daddy insists that we will bring up your children ,he is looking for a little companion in his retired life.”


"Maa, Our work schedule is very hectic .You do not understand work pressure and deadlines . I cannot do justice to my married life. Commitments and responsibilities ...sorry Maa...Don’t force  me for marriage now...”


" Anu, don’t tell me all those lame excuses, people are getting married regardless of their work pressure. Shall I ask your daddy to look for a bride groom?”


"Maa.. please try to understand me ...” 


”Are you looking for Mr. Right?  Anu...There is no Mr. Right and nobody is perfect. Success of married life depends upon  the  mutual  understanding  between  the  husband  and  wife.  it  will not happen overnight . Married people developed it over  a period of time .In married life you follow simple rules like . Do not constantly nag your husband .When he throws a tantrum just ignore him .He will come around ,pamper him when he is good .Do not have ego hassles with your husband .  Do not try  to reform him .Men are like grown up kids with age they will become mature, and most important thing even in married life  do not encroach onto their territory. They need freedom and breathing  Space.That  is  all  they  ask  for  you...If  you  follow  these simple rules you can enjoy married life .Now tell me, are you in love with someone? You know your daddy is a very broad  minded person .he will not be bothered about his son in laws  religion,  cast,  north  south  or  rich  or  poor.  Your  happiness means everything to him “


Anu was fed up with her mother’s constant nagging .She just flared up.


"Every time I come home you are pestering me to get married .Yes I am in love .I cannot live without her! . I am not getting married to any other guy …"                              


"What  nonsense are you talking about?  You are in love with  HER?. With whom?”


 ”You know my girlfriend Nisha, we are in love with each other for the past seven years .We are living partners now" 


"I   thought  she  was  your  intimate  friend.  Look  Anu,  this  type of physical intimacy can happen in some people in their teenage life. Do not make it an obsession. .In west gay and  lesbian marriage suits their culture. It is unethical.

At the age of twenty-six you are no longer a teenage girl. Be responsible for your act...Even if you have a boyfriend and want to get  married to him we would have agreed to you but this is something ridiculous. Your choice of boyfriend is fine for us, after all  it is your life. . Now you are telling me you have a girlfriend as a living partner. Anu you are sick .You have lesbian tendencies in you .It is some thing very serious .All you need is a physiatrist 

treatment. .I say you quit your job. You can always get a good  job here. I will get you treatment... We need not tell your daddy, Everything will be fine. You know how much your daddy longs to see you get married .He insists that we bring up our grandchildren...”


 ”Mummy, I am serious . Since our college days we have been together for the past seven years.. If both of you are longing for grandchildren I can be the biological mother for my children but no more marriage for me…”


 ”Anu, you have gone mad .You may be head of your company. Now what you are into is unnatural. You are not only ruining  your life but also Nisha’s life.....”


 After the evening walk I went back home .It was a pleasant surprise for me to see my daughter at home.


" Anu. When did you come “?


"By  morning flight. I had to attend a conference at Le meridien  hotel  .I  will  be  leaving  for  New  Delhi  by  9.30  flight…” 


My wife bought chocolate drinks for us and she joined in our conversation.


I  ”Anu,  see whether you can get transferred to the Chennai branch .You have been away from home for the past seven years. You know we had to celebrate your twenty-sixth birthday last month  without you.  Anu,  It's time that you get married and settle down in life "


 Anu  ”Dad you know how ambitious I am. I do not want to get married  at this time of my career. Please tell mum not to insist that I get married now”.


Viji  ” your daughter is ahead of our times .she does not want to get married  .she is already married! " 


 I ” what am I hearing? Anu is that true “?


 Viji ” you heard it right .Your daughter is married to another woman .Her intimate friend Nisha .they are living partners now. How disgusting. Anu says if we are longing for grandchildren, she is willing to become a biological mother without getting married! Your daughter is sick .She needs treatment”.


 I ”biological mother? . You mean artificial insemination .Anu we are not longing for your illegitimate child.  First you understand that gay and lesbian are perverted people . You are a normal healthy woman. Your mother is right. You are sick .You need treatment “.

                                              

Anu  `` No! Daddy, we have been in love with each other since our college days. We cannot live without each other “.


I ”married to another woman .It is unnatural .Perverted people  are mentally sick. You are ruining both of your lives .Get it treated now…"


Anu ”Mummy after dinner I will have to catch my flight by 9.30.”


I “Anu , first you take leave for one month. Why leave?  Quit your  job  .I  will  get  you  the  best  available  treatment  here  in Chennai. Get married to your kind of man and settle down in life. I am not worried about my son in law’s religion or caste. I only want you to lead a normal life .You are only welcome if you are legally married to a man. Even If you chose to live with a man in a live -in relationship, I will never approve of it. I call it a marriage of convenience .One of the partners  is likely to get used and abused.” 


My daughter did not respond to me . She asked her mother to serve dinner for her. After the dinner she bid bye to her mother and got into her official car and left for the airport. I lit a cigarette and sat on the sofa and started thinking about where my wife and I failed to bring up our daughter .My wife  came and sat next to me.


”Viji, tell me was there anything wrong with the way we brought up our daughter”?


" Don’t feel guilty. It was not our fault; we had done  our best for Anu. . We gave enough love and affection, more  freedom  than  any  other  parents  would  have  given  to  their  children. . As long as she was with us she was a normal girl. After she went to engineering college at Coimbatore and stayed with Nisha she misused her  freedom.  .I  knew  Nisha  was  her  intimate  friend  but  I  never suspected anything wired between them , after all they were  teenage girls having a good time .An intelligent and sensible girl like our daughter should have opted for treatment. Nowadays the more the children study, the more they become wired. They blindly follow western cultures…Gay and lisbane marriages, they call it personal preference! . The thought of same sex marriage makes me  sick.  Those  people  have  no  Roots.  Imagine  the  plight  of  their old parents .In old age when they look forward to sharing their love and affection with their grandchildren. Where do they go searching for love and affection? The thought itself makes me sad “.


" Viji, Do you remember my ex branch manager Mr. Swamy Nathan "?


" Yes, he came for our wedding, you only introduced me to him "


" His son is CEO of MNC in U S . He is legally married to his boyfriend and settled down there. When his mother died, he did not come for funeral saying he is busy. He cannot take immediate leave and come for the funeral. Sure,  holding a responsible position he must be a busy man. Manager's friend took the entire funeral functions including his mother's body loaded onto an electric furnace ,  recorded it on his mobile phone and sent it to his son.  At least he could have come all the way to attend 16 th day functions. He didn't bothered to come home or to visit his father " 


" While talking to me he asked me why he saved all the money and properties if his only son doesn't want to " . Had his son got married at least he could have spent his days with grandchildren. Poor rich man, now he is alone living in his home in solitude. There are so many children leaving their old parent at old-age home after they become financially independent. They think their parents are burden for their lifestyle " 


I continued  ”Viji. Since our daughter is not interested in getting treatment,  I think she is at no point of return .If that is the case then be prepared for what I am going to tell you now...”


" Did I ever say anything against you? "


”This house brings me all the memories of our daughter. Some  other day my friends and ex colleagues will ask me about my daughter’s marriage .We will rent out our house and settle down in Madurai. I will find a job there. What do you say?”


“I have no problem moving out to temple city., but why do you want to go for a job? We will get  house rent and interest from  the  fixed  deposit  that  is  more  than  sufficient  for us to live "


”Viji ,I just can’t sit and brood I need to keep myself occupied with some job .how causally our daughter walked out on us .even you don’t sit and worry about her .once we settle down at  Madurai  you can take tuition class for children .all my dreams  are shattered now . A retired happy life with our grandchildren. "whatever is supposed to happen will happen". we will leave it to our fate "


"you know my ex bank manager Mr. Raj Kumar? He asked me about Anu's future plans. He is looking for an alliance for his son. His son is a green card holder working for an MNC in the states. I told Raj Kumar that Anu is not ready for marriage, she is planning to work for their headquarters in silicon valley. Now only we came to know of Anu's future plans.  Now I don't feel like living in this house anymore. We will sell this property and settle down in madurai "


”You are very much depressed . Sleep peacefully, we will see a doctor tomorrow...”


We went to sleep with a heavy heart. After two days we left for  Madurai to visit Meenakshi temple .


                         xxxx