Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Life of Little Princess. Life/story. Part-1.


The Life of Little Princess. Life/story.
30-09-12

Dear friends,

I had placed full fiction ‘Life of Little Princess’ on my blog. It is 1874 K in rtf or 39A-4 pages long. Seventy per cent of the fiction is real and thirty per cent is fiction. You will walk through my memory lane before you meet my little princess.
Short synopsis.

This life/story is dedicated to my daughter Sony Gudiya. This story is about our little princess. Globalization had changed our ordinary family life forever. An-aged fathers struggle to give his only daughter good education and a secured life. After the court battle for his daughter’s custody, will he ever live with his estranged wife? My life/story has a moral lesson for Indian home makers. This is my first fiction and I wrote with three different ending!
Happy reading,
Friend,
jivan                                                                                 
                                            
                                                                                             
Story line
This life/story is dedicated to my daughter Sony Gudiya. This story is about our little princess. Globalization had changed our ordinary family life forever. An-aged fathers struggle to give his only daughter good education and a secured life. After the court battle for his daughter’s custody, will he ever live with his estranged wife? My life/story has a moral lesson for Indian home makers. This is my first fiction and I wrote with three different ending!

I was a happy kid, being the youngest in the family I was pampered a lot. Like any other kids I played and studied well. I really enjoyed my childhood. I had a pussy cat for company. She gave me so much happiness. It seems someone had decided to get rid of the kitten. This was a common practice in Kerala, usually after cat gives birth. In those days (45 years ago) it was not possible to get sterilized a dog or cat. Kitten found her way to our home. I welcomed her. She was a cute little one. She had light green colored eyes with full of curiosity, pink lips and white fur coat. Y shaped black thick line running from both side of her ears to her nose. There was instant liking between us. When she came to our home she was very weak. I like tabby cat. I give her every day one glass of my milk without the knowledge of my mother. She was always hungry .apart from her food I shared my food with her .I pampered her a lot. With lots of love and food she soon put on weight. She was always with me. While studying, eating, when I go for swimming or fishing in our compound (it runs into few acres of land). Our house was in the middle of a paddy field. If I am swimming she will wait for me to finish my bath. She was more like a dog to me .in the raining season shallow place get filled up with water. That was my pond! When fishing I take big fish for me to fry. Small fishes I always give it her. She liked masala fried fish too!

I had noticed one thing; whenever I talk to her .it was usually a question that I ask her .she always answered me in her monosyllables. Me-aow! That means she was listening to me. Even though I never understood her language I took her answer for yes. When I go to school, she accompanies me till the main gate. In the evening she eagerly waits for me at the gate .she will keep purring at me with her meao! I know she want me to carry her back home. Together we share my evening Tiffin .At night she slept with me; she was too good to cuddle up. I like her snuggling up with me .she was always warm. My father had no problem with my pussycat but my mother was allergic to her. If I give her kiss my mother would shout at me, .she says if the cat’s hair get into my intestine it will give stomach pain. I never believed in her word .at least I never had stomach pain by kissing my pussycat. In return my cat will gives me a good lick on my cheek. I liked it; it was as if rubbing fine emery papers on my cheek. Try it once you will like it.

Since we were living in the middle of a paddy field, on rainy days there used to be lot of water snake and rat snakes. Sometimes my pussycat brings rat snake under my cot .she would not allow any body to get close to her when she keep her booty. Most of the time we drive her away .she will either take her booty with her or leave her booty to us and escape. Most of the time it used to be rat snake it was not a big problem for us. Until one day, she brought a big king cobra; black in color about more than two meter in length. She caught him as usual by his neck and took it to her favorite place, under my cot! When we tried to drive her out .She made, not grunting but somewhat similar sound she produced. My elder brother gave her one whip with his belt .She left the cobra in our bed room and escaped .Now it was our turn to face the king cobra .We both jumped on to the bed. Snake started hissing at us. My brother threw his black belt at it. It bit on it. Again we then threw heavy pillow on it. Snake went into our big bathroom .we both took brick and pinewood stick and went after the snake. Cobra was very much alive. To avoid cobra escaping we locked bathroom door! For washing, we had high raised stone pillar. About 2'x2x2' pillar. Cobra ran around the bathroom .it was trying to escape we jumped on to the pillar, we first stoned him then beat him to death. There was lots of yelling and struggling to kill one cobra .it was scary. That was my first kill at the age of ten-.my brother was around seventeen year old.

Everything was fine. Perfect until my pussycat started giving birth. At times four to six of them! I like each one of them. When pussycat gives birth to kittens, I took care of her, like getting her food at her place. Cleaning mess made by the little ones. After one month, kittens started moving around the house. They made mess all over the place. Besides we had to be very care full not to step on them. The most pain full part was that I had to leave the small one at the market place. That was the usual practice at that time in Kerala. No blue cross or pet adoption center was there.

At market place, they will get to eat left over fish. Sometime small children or animal lovers take them home. Stray dogs or vehicle could kill some of them. Leaving small kitten to fend for them made me feel sad. I begged my parents to keep all the five with us. They told me that was impossible. A cat gives birth every six months. I had no other choice but to leave the small one at the market place. Hardly only one and half months old kittens … five of them…. When pussycat was away I took them in a big bag and went to fish market .I did not wanted to leave them at the market palace then come back home. It could get killed by a stray dog or run over by vehicles. I want to find them home. I went on asking little children whether they like to take my kitten home. Even though children liked my kitten, their parents objected taking my kitten home. I could find home for only three of them. I took back two of the kitten back to my home. At home pussycat was very much worried she went searching all over the place. When I returned her two kittens she kept asking me for the missing one. MEAO? MEAO? I had to apologize her. I really felt sorry for her. My parents insist that I dispose two others also. I asked them to give time to dispose. In our nearby locality I went searching for shelter. In few days’ time I found people willing to adopt the other two. I was lucky. I found home for my kittens. After one month my ....