Sunday, August 14, 2022

Hollywood producers & production house

 Hollywood producers & production house

14-08-22


Hollywood # production house #producers # writers 


One of the leading Hollywood producer  / directors received my book recommended by an unknown agent. He likes my unique story concept. But insist on sending me a screenplay of my fiction. I tried to convince him. But no use. 


" Thank you for your response. Again without the Hollywood Standard Screenplay, there is no movie. You should be aware that that is your responsibility."


Converting my story based on Indian culture into a screenplay for a global audience will cost me not less than one million indian rupees. 


                               xxxxx

My parting shot 

Sir,

This is very tragic. Producer insisting on a screenplay from the story writer. I feel producers don't want to spend money on screenwriters. 


Imagine if a producer cannot afford to buy a story or hire a screenplay writer to write Hollywood standards of screenplay he cannot afford to spend millions of USD to make a movie version of that story.


Hollywood, Netflix, Amazon and Disney buy stories from all over the world for movie production. Their in-house creative people adapt fiction for a global audience and write screenplay.


With synopsis / treatment one can only find the main story but not subplots or how the story was presented. To get a clear picture, the director / screenplay writer must find time to read the full manuscript for adapting fiction from other countries because of cultural differences.


Sir, No love lost. No hard feelings. Any time your production house feels like buying my fiction for movie production please let me know how much the producer is willing to offer me for my fiction "Eternal love" . My only condition is that on credit  title " story  by Jivan Lal" must be mentioned.  Coz in India it is a common practice for a producer after buying a story he will not give credit to the writer. For every writer his creations are important. 


If you are still planning to make a movie version of my fiction please let me know.

Yours sincerely

Author

Jivan

                           

Unlike olden days today major movie production houses like Netflix,  Amazon, Disney are looking for unique story concepts from across the world. For submission they will insist on a screenplay. But they are also adapting stories for movie production. Do they insist on the writer sending the screenplay of their fiction or they just buy the copyright of their book?


No sarcasm, no belittling I value your opinion and suggestions.

Author #$@&# !


Feel free to check the logline and synopsis on my blog .

https://jivadax.blogspot.com/2012/06/eternal-love-trailer.html


                           xxxxx


My previous reply to the producer/director


Sir,


Adapting fictions for movies are easy. Modify cultural differences in a story for a global audience and write a screenplay. 


I tell you the problem of converting my fiction into a screenplay for Hollywood. Without story discussion with your producer/ screenplay writer how do I know whether you want me to set the story within the U S or across the Atlantic?


For the Indian version it is easy to convert the manuscript into screenplay.

For medical budget Guy from Delhi and girl from Chennai.


For the Bollywood version guy from London and girl from Bombay.


For the Hollywood version I expect a guy from New York and a girl from London.  Timeline from AD 2005 to AD 2030 . Change of cultural differences, skyline, hypersonic flights etc. All these are possible only at the time of story discussion.


If your producer is genuinely interested in making a movie version of my fiction he can send me half the amount of money into my bank account and the other half after completing the screenplay. So that I can give up my job and help your screenplay writer through zoom/story discussion . 


I need a story written by JIVAN LAL on credit title .


If you set the story in India i will work as creative director for free. 


Given a chance to work for the movie version of my fiction as creative director I  can  modify my fiction as per your budget, set my fiction in your choice of country/state or languages.  Convert full manuscript into movie script with necessary dialogs, run titles, design posters, sets and assist director and graphic artists.


Author

Jivan